MEDICAL SERVICES OFFERED
At Kew General Practice we strive to look after your needs and help you to achieve a full and healthy life. We believe in and encourage an ongoing professional relationship between patients and their doctor.
We offer a comprehensive range of medical services including:
- General family medical care
- Paediatric/children’s medical care
- Women’s health checks
- Men’s health checks
- Childhood immunisations
- Influenza and pneumonia vaccinations
- Travel medicine
- Yellow fever vaccination
- Mental health assessments and planning
- Health assessments
- Chronic disease management including health care planning and EPC referrals
- Pre-employment medical assessments
- Preventative health
- Skin cancer checks
- Sports medicine
- Pregnancy/antenatal care
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Procedures including suturing of lacerations, cast immobilisation of fractures, and excision of skin lesions.
Repeat prescriptions and referrals
An appointment is usually required for repeat prescriptions and referrals, which ensures optimal patient care and satisfies the doctors’ medicolegal obligations. If an appointment is not required, a non-rebatable fee of $15 is charged to cover the doctor’s administrative time. Please note that in most instances a repeat prescription or referral will not be supplied unless you have attended the clinic within the last 3 months.
Please feel free to speak to any staff member or doctor about ideas or changes that you feel could improve the care that we give you. We have a suggestion box at the front counter for this purpose, and we also welcome positive feedback about the things we do well.