Madeleine graduated from Monash University in 1989. She has worked in Hawthorn for the past 22 years and has had the great privilege of caring for three generations of some families and even four generations of one family! Madeleine has also worked as a GP in Hong Kong and in Indigenous communities in Central Australia. She enjoys all aspects of General Practice with special interests in children, adolescents, sports medicine and complex medical problems in the elderly. Madeleine has three adult children and enjoys swimming, gardening and helping out in the community.
The flu vaccine is recommended for everyone from six months of age, but is available free under the National Immunisation Program for people who face a high risk from influenza and its complications. These are:
• People aged 65 years and over.
• Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy).
• All children aged six months to less than five years of age.
• People aged six months and over with medical conditions such as severe asthma, lung or heart disease, low immunity or diabetes.
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and over.
Please contact our friendly reception staff or book online to arrange your vaccination and ensure you are protected this year.
Kew General Practice is AGPAL accredited – what does this mean?
Being accredited means that our general practice is committed to a comprehensive program which involves:
- Engaging our whole practice team to review our practice’s systems and processes
- Opening our practice doors to allow a team of independent surveyors to assess how our practice operates
- Assessment of our practice, and achievement of the nationally recognised Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices, that focus on health care quality and patient safety.
As a member of the community you may be surprised to learn that general practice accreditation is a voluntary process – which means not all practices undergo an independent on-site assessment on a regular basis.
Achievement of AGPAL accreditation reassures you that our doctors and practice team are committed to providing you with high quality health care in a safe environment.
Next time you visit our practice be sure to look out for the AGPAL Accredited General Practice Symbol (below) or our accreditation certificate. Our practice team is proud of this achievement and as part of this process we continuously strive to make quality improvements to better your patient experience.